Though practical and pragmatic for the most part, I've never had much
luck being all that "present" in the moment. My mind always seems to be
onto the next something or others before I've even buttoned up the tasks
at hand. It served me well in my younger years but as I get older, the
chasm between what I can do and what I still think I can do, certainly
widens. With that said, I am still quite committed to seeing these
expansive Deep Dish Specials through to end of the 70s, however, it's taking
much longer than I expected. And now it's going to take even longer. In addition to the real life things that
normally keep me from working on these projects, I have other projects
on the go and on my mind, and even more projects I want to explore. So,
so many projects. But hey, that's not entirely bad news for visitors here.
If you avert your gaze upwards you may notice that there are some newly added tabs just beneath the blog's header image. By way of a few clicks, BARKIVES provides quick access to previous installments of most mainstay Groovy Gumbo compilations. GOODIE GRAB BAGS date back to the original blog and may or may not resurface here (more on that later). MOODYMUMBOJUMBO is a new series that I initially described as jazz and jazz-adjacent mellow music. Months after making the first volume I posted it at TWILIGTZONE! but not here, and that was months ago now. I've just recently followed it up with a much more straight-ahead jazz installment which I believe has more overlap with typical Groovy Gumbo output. Both volumes are available now and more will eventually come. RABBIT HOLES is another thing altogether. More recent and a move towards respite -- this series is a non-linear, non-genre specific adventure through time, space and sound -- where the destination is obscured and the journey is to be savored. I've made two so far and am already itchin' to get onto a third and fourth. And if two new anthologies isn't quite enough to quench your thirst between bigger projects, there's also (*)(*) ... a place to put one-offs and special projects that may not have been intended for here, but might be appreciated nonetheless. Check it out.
I'm hoping to flesh these out amid the long waiting periods between the remaining Deep Dish specials. As always, though unpublished, your comments are appreciated. I do read them and I want to thank all of you who take the time to leave a kind word or two. Cheers.

No comments:
Post a Comment